LIMINAL STUDIO | Is Hiring in Melbourne and Hobart
Posted 25 November 2021
We’re looking for talented architects, driven to excel and break through boundaries with creativity, skill and aspiration. Rewarding opportunities await those keen to make a positive difference.
LIMINAL Studio is entering an exciting next chapter which brings the opportunity for YOU to join our globally acclaimed creative team and play an integral role in shaping our future. Positions are available to join our Hobart and Melbourne teams.
Those who thrive in a collaborative culture, have a healthy balance of cheekiness and integrity, are driven in their pursuit of excellence and who find fulfillment in shaping a future world with clever, socially responsible and beautiful ideas will feel at home with the LIMINAL team.
We welcome those who value contributing to a carbon zero workplace with a focus on diversity, gender equity and a deep respect for the original custodians of our land and shared cultural aspirations for the future.
We take our aspirational and creative development seriously by engaging in nurturing, fun and fulfilling processes. To do this we:
- engage with sectors, collaborators and clients who inspire and challenge us
- inform our conceptual processes in architecture through involvement in transdisciplinary projects ranging from objects and furniture design to designing for contemporary performances or event spaces and exhibition curation, keeping us creatively agile
- create atmospheres and collaborations that lead to idea-generating ‘dinner party epiphanies’
- work collaboratively with thought leaders, choreographers, artistic directors, writers, actors, artists, designers, fabricators, educators - no matter where they are in the world
- nurture global project opportunities
- host monthly creative salons where inspirational guests at the top of their game join the Studio for an evening of creative exchange
- foster engaging team-member professional development opportunities and training.
Experienced Project Architect
We are looking for a registered Project Architect who is a team leader with at least 8 years’ experience post-graduation, who demonstrates exceptional leadership and is an all-rounder in the delivery of architecture and design projects.
You are a creative, critical thinker with the impressive ability to push conceptual design, its development and resolution, to the next level. You have a growth mindset, can resolve and coordinate complex outcomes and are an outstanding communicator who can lead project teams to deadline with rigour and expertise. You are a maestro at juggling the delivery of multiple projects with the ability to distill priorities when confronted with competing demands.
You are actively seeking inspiration across disciplines, have diverse interests and are constantly fuelling your curiosity.
As a leader in the Studio, you use your initiative and are driven by the desire to explore the full potential of every idea. You strive for excellence and always seek the best outcome rather than the easiest path. You are progressive, curious and ignite the minds of your teammates, promoting the value of working in a collaborative environment because you understand that an inspired, cohesive team can achieve better creative outcomes than any one individual.
Technically you are competent at running projects of all scales, are skilled at documentation through all project stages, have an eye for detail, and have an extensive understanding of the latest products and materials underpinned by sustainability principles. Your knowledge of 3D modelling and presentation software is fine-tuned – competency in BIM software and the full Adobe Creative Suite is a must; SketchUp and Rhino desirable.
A salary package commensurate with experience and alignment with LIMINAL values will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Registered Architect or Graduate with 3yrs+ experience
We are looking for a registered Architect or Graduate of Architecture with 3+ years’ experience, who is creative and able to not only work within a collaborative team, but to energise it.
You are a conceptual thinker with outstanding design skills who is curious - curious enough to be inspired by other creative disciplines.
You understand the importance of life-long learning, enjoy researching, you are active in fuelling inspiration and globally aware. You share our values of beauty, curiosity, excellence, generosity, integrity, leadership, passion and success.
You know that problems exist to be creatively solved. You take direction to complete and augment an overall design, pushing the potential, while mentoring less experienced designers. You apply rigour, have a growth mindset, thrive in a collaborative environment and know that an inspired, cohesive team will realise better outcomes than any one individual.
Technically you have good documentation skills for all stages of project delivery. You’ll naturally embody design acumen, be astute in problem-solving and interested in self-development. You’ll be confident in 3D modelling and the Adobe Creative Suite. Bonus points for competency in Sketchup, Rhino and computational modelling.
HOW TO APPLY
For applications to be considered they must be in writing and include:
- a one-page cover letter outlining the value you would bring to the position
- why you would be a good cultural fit for LIMINAL
- your response to our values and why they are important to you: creativity, beauty, excellence, generosity, integrity, leadership, passion and success
- a current CV and portfolio
- a list of the software packages you are proficient in, with a competency score out of ten for each package
- the names and contact details of three professional referees
- an indication of anticipated salary package commensurate with your skills and experience.
Applications are to be emailed to LIMINAL Studio
Please note LIMINAL will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.