LIMINAL STUDIO | is hiring!
Posted 1 May 2021
Join us….in going beyond!
We are looking for aspirational talent willing to break through boundaries with creativity and skill.
In our 10th year, exciting opportunities await for a gifted Senior Design Architect, an astute Senior Interior Designer and an aspirational Registered Architect who share our love of creativity and global outlook.
Image credit: Natasha Mulhall
LIMINAL Studio is entering an exciting next chapter which brings a rare opportunity for three new LIMINALs to join our globally acclaimed creative team in Hobart, or our satellite studio being established in Melbourne, and play an integral role in shaping our future.
We believe in collaboration between designers, clients and communities to inform, educate and connect through compelling and quality creative design outcomes. Learn more about our philosophy and what drives us here.
We welcome those who are at the top of their game, have a healthy balance of cheekiness and integrity, are driven by and dedicated to excellence and who thrive in the endless pursuit of shaping a future world with clever, sustainable and beautiful ideas.
We take our aspirational and creative development seriously by engaging in nurturing and fun processes. To do this we:
- generate atmospheres and collaborations that lead to ‘dinner party epiphanies’
- inform our conceptual processes to architecture, through fine-tuning our design skills delivering quick turn-round projects ranging from objects and furniture, to the conceptual development and design of contemporary performances through to curating events and exhibitions
- work collaboratively with leading thought leaders, choreographers, artistic directors, writers, actors, artists, designers, fabricators, educators - no matter where they are in the world
- have exciting projects in northern Italy taking place
- have creative salons where anyone who inspires our team members, anywhere in the world joins the studio for an evening of creative exchange
Senior Design Architect and Senior Interior Designer
We are looking for a Senior Design Architect and a Senior Interior Designer with at least 15 years’ experience, demonstrated exceptional design leadership capabilities and an all-rounder in the delivery of architecture and design projects.
You are a creative, critical thinker with the impressive ability to push conceptual design, its development and resolution, to the next level. You have a growth mindset, can resolve and coordinate complex outcomes and are an outstanding communicator who can lead project teams to deadline with rigour and expertise. You are a maestro at juggling multiple projects with the ability to distil priorities when confronted with competing demands.
As a leader in the Studio, you will use your initiative and be driven by the desire to explore the full potential of every idea. You will strive for excellence and always seek the best outcome rather than the easiest path. You are progressive, curious and will ignite the minds of your teammates, promoting the value of working in a collaborative environment because you understand that an inspired, cohesive team can achieve better creative outcomes than any one individual.
Technically you are skilled at documentation through all project stages, have an eye for detail, and have an extensive understanding of the latest products and materials underpinned by sustainability principles. Your knowledge of 3D modelling and presentation software is fine-tuned – competency in ArchiCAD and the full Adobe Creative Suite a must; SketchUp, Rhino desirable.
You are a competent, all-rounder architect with at least 10 years’ experience and registered in Australia.
You are a conceptual thinker with outstanding design skills who is curious - curious enough to be inspired by other creative disciplines.
You have exceptional communication skills, experience running small to mid-sized projects, with the ability to resolve and coordinate complex outcomes and lead documentation teams, with rigour and to deadline.
You are aspirational, strive for excellence and always seek the best outcome rather than the easiest.
You know that problems exist to be creatively solved. You take direction to complete and augment an overall design, pushing the potential, while mentoring less experienced designers. You are driven, have a growth mindset, thrive in a collaborative environment and know that an inspired, cohesive team will reap better outcomes than any one individual.
Technically you are skilled at documentation through all project stages, have an eye for detail, and extensive knowledge of 3D modelling and presentation software – competency in ArchiCAD and the Adobe Creative Suite is a must; SketchUp, Rhino desirable.
A salary package commensurate with experience and alignment with LIMINAL values will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
HOW TO APPLY
For applications to be considered they must be in writing and include:
- a one-page cover letter outlining the value you would bring to the position you are applying for
- why you would be a good cultural fit for LIMINAL
- your response to our values and why they are important to you: creativity, beauty, excellence, generosity, integrity, leadership, passion and success
- a current CV and portfolio
- a list of the software packages you are proficient in, with a competency score out of ten for each package
- the names and contact details of three professional referees.
Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm AEST on Friday 14 May 2021.
Please note LIMINAL will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.