LIMINAL STUDIO | is hiring architects
Posted 26 August 2021
Come play with us!
We’re looking for talented, team-oriented architects, driven to excel and break through boundaries with creativity, skill and aspiration.
Image credit: Natasha Mulhall.
Exciting opportunities await an experienced Project Architect and team leader who shares our global outlook, ethics, embrace of curiosity and is driven to explore the potential in every idea.
LIMINAL Studio is entering an exciting next chapter which brings the opportunity for a new LIMINAL to join our globally acclaimed creative team in Hobart and play an integral role in shaping our future.
We believe in collaboration between designers, clients and communities to inform, educate and connect through compelling, quality design.
We welcome those who match their drive with skill, have a healthy balance of cheekiness and integrity and are stimulated in their pursuit of excellence. Those who thrive in shaping a future world with clever, sustainable and beautiful ideas will feel at home with the LIMINAL team.
We take our aspirational and creative development seriously by engaging in nurturing and fun processes. To do this we:
- generate atmospheres and collaborations that lead to ‘dinner party epiphanies’
- inform our conceptual processes in architecture through involvement in transdisciplinary projects ranging from objects and furniture to contemporary set design, event spaces and exhibition curation
- work collaboratively with thought leaders, choreographers, artistic directors, writers, actors, artists, designers, fabricators, educators - no matter where they are in the world
- have exciting projects taking place in northern Italy
- host monthly creative salons where inspirational guests at the top of their game join the Studio for an evening of creative exchange.
Team Leader and Project Architect
We are looking for a registered Project Architect who is a team leader with 15+ years’ experience post-graduation, demonstrated exceptional leadership and an all-rounder in the delivery of architecture and design projects.
You are a creative, critical thinker with the impressive ability to push conceptual design, its development and resolution, to the next level. You have a growth mindset, can resolve and coordinate complex outcomes and are an outstanding communicator who can lead project teams to deadline with rigour and expertise. You are a maestro at juggling multiple projects with the ability to distil priorities when confronted with competing demands.
As a leader in the Studio, you will use your initiative and be driven by the desire to explore the full potential of every idea. You will strive for excellence and always seek the best outcome rather than the easiest path. You are progressive, curious and will ignite the minds of your teammates, promoting the value of working in a collaborative environment because you understand that an inspired, cohesive team can achieve better creative outcomes than any one individual.
Technically you are skilled at documentation through all project stages, have an eye for detail, and have an extensive understanding of the latest products and materials underpinned by sustainability principles. Your knowledge of 3D modelling and presentation software is fine-tuned – competency in ArchiCAD and the full Adobe Creative Suite a must; SketchUp and Rhino desirable.
A salary package commensurate with experience and alignment with LIMINAL values will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For applications to be considered they must be in writing and include:
- a one-page cover letter outlining the value you would bring to the position
- why you would be a good cultural fit for LIMINAL
- your response to our values and why they are important to you: creativity, beauty, excellence, generosity, integrity, leadership, passion and success
- a current CV and portfolio
- a list of the software packages you are proficient in, with a competency score out of ten for each package
- the names and contact details of three professional referees.
Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com by 5pm AEST on Monday 27 September 2021.
Please note LIMINAL will only respond to shortlisted candidates. Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.